Sunday, September 19, 2010

Consistency

I have decided that I will write something on this blog every weekend instead of sending people an email that I have updated the blog. Sometimes the post will be really short because I will be busy but at least I will be consistent.

Many people are asking, “What can we do to help with your move?” or “What can we send you to help you move?” At the time when these questions were asked I did not have a good answer. I have now had some time to think this over and I here are my answers.

“What can we do to help you move?”

Moving to Denmark is not going to be that hard or that expensive since the university is giving me furniture (look back at the first post). The most expensive thing is going to be packing and storing all my stuff here in the States. All the furniture, boxes etc need to be placed on palettes. To protect the furniture it is recommend covering them with sheets or some sort of cover. Items I want to protect well need to be in large tubs that seal. For example all the photos, paintings and drawings that were giving to me by my sister and other family members need to be in these large tubs.

So if you want to help me move please help me find, palettes, large plastic sealing tubs or large sheets to cover my furniture. I have not had a chance to get check goodwill very often so if you find something that will help me out let me know what you found. I appreciate your help.

“What can we send you to help you?”

A few family members have asked what can we send you to help. Well of course you can always send money. =) If you feel inclined to send something I would say gift cards for JCPenny’s or dry package food, for example trail mix or macaroni. In Denmark it is customary to wear business or business casual clothes; well my closet is full of basic causal clothes and since clothes in here are so much cheaper I want to buy plenty of clothes here. The dry package food is for when I get to Denmark it will take some time for me to get used to the change in food, so while I learn to transition the dry food that I packed in my suitcase while help. Of course because of the TSA it has to be well-packaged dry food, no fruit or vegetables.

BUT the one thing I would really like is your words of encouragement and your prayers and thoughts. Moving to Denmark, especially the first three to four months will be very stressful so knowing that there is many people behind me helps a lot.

Thank you for all your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment