Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sometimes it is hard......

Sometimes is it hard to be so far away from home.  

In early November 2010 not long after I moved here, my boyfriend (C) and I were told the sad news that C's cousin Nathan was diagnosed with angiosarcoma which is a rare and aggressive form of sarcoma that is incurable. 

On March 10, 2011 Nathan lost his battle with cancer. I really wish I could be there for my boyfriend during this time. Looking at my schedule and the cost of plane tickets there is no way I can be there for the funeral.  

It is so hard to talking to (C) over skype when I would rather be there with him. But he understands I am not 'superwomen' that I can not be there right now and he appreciates talking to me.  But still my heart breaks for (C) and Nathan's young wife.

I did what I could; I ordered flowers and sent a card with a donation to Nathan's wife and I sent (C) a card also. 

Because I am living on the other side of the world, I really can not do much.  I would like to ask my friends and family to please say a few extra prayers for Nathan and his wife.  If any one wants to send a sympathy message to Nathan's family please do so through the funeral home website link below: 


Thank you for all your love and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment