Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting to class...is not so easy


I mentioned in an earlier post that I am taking a class. This class is about perl programming and taught at the Denmark Technology University (DTU) in Copenhagen.  This class met Monday’s and Thursday’s for 13 weeks for four to three hours. 

Honestly I did learn a lot in this course and even though there was many times I was so frustrated at all the work, it was still worth it. But I think the most interesting part of this whole class is where it took place and the adventure I had every Monday and Thursday getting there. The perl programming class took place in Lyngby, which is North of Copenhagen.

On every Monday and Thursday I got a train in my small Danish town and rode the train all the way Nørrport, which is just North of Copenhagen. Each time this particular train ride took one hour and 15 minutes and sometimes longer depending on delays. Most of the time the train was so packed that I would be lucky to find a seat. After going through Roskilde and Copenhagen I got off the train at Nørrport station and I make a short detour to the local café for a café latte to go.

Once I have my café latte in hand I wait about 5 to 10 minutes, I get on a bus to DTU. After a 20 minute scenic trip through Nørrport, where I passed the Rosenborg Castle, Botanical Gardens, and the Statens Museum I get off at  DTU.  I repeated this trip twice a week and then had the joy of traveling another 1 hour and 35 minutes back home.

Each time I would pass those neat tourist sites I kept thinking that I have to visits all those sites once this class is over. Well this class is over on June 2nd at 1pm and my first stop will be Rosenborg Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment