Friday, October 7, 2011

Ireland: Dublin Castle

Dublin Castle is a unique castle in the middle of Dublin. The history behind the castle was that during the time when Ireland was under England monarchy rule, this castle is where the King stayed.  During the time when the King was not there the Duke or Lord of Ireland stayed there in the king's place.

One of my supervisors S (who is Irish) was excited and honored to be give a presentation at Dublin Castle, because the castle has a lot of history in Irish culture and the Queen of England was recently there and also spoke there.

The flags in front of the castle represent each counties of Ireland.

The castle was quite unique and the first few days I was busy with the conference. But I was able to get a few good pictures of the outside of the castle.




On Wednesday night (Sept 7th) there was a conference dinner inside the castle. I completely forgot to bring my camera and before dinner we were given a tour of the castle rooms. Trust me during the entire tour I was kicking myself for not bring my camera. (Although I do have a valid excuse: I was already pissed at myself for losing my iPod and my lap top crashing on me.) But at least I was able to take a picture of the courtyard inside the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment