Sunday, October 9, 2011

September 6th: Ireland

On Tuesday 6th, was the day the people at the conference went on a little tour of Ireland. We got on two different buses, drove through Dublin and then another hour to the Teagasc Research Center.


Once at the Teagasc Research Center, they showed us their research there but honestly I was more interested in the view. There was a beautiful view of the fields and mountains.


After lunch at the Teagasc Research Center, we drove another 45 minutes to an Irish dairy farm. During the drive we passed many old churches and cemeteries and everything looked so green. I was really happy that I was able to see the countryside of Ireland.


Going to an Irish dairy farm was an interesting and unique experience. The majority of the farms in the United States are corn-fed with very little grass-fed involved.  This farm was using grass-fed with very little other feed involved and working in association with the Teagasc Research Center. It really liked like the Teagasc Research Center and this dairy farmer have a good collaboration.

At the dairy farm, I saw this cat in the barn and I just could not resist taking this picture.
I enjoyed my time at the dairy farm and I was excited when I even left the farm cause I was able to see a rainbow. A rainbow in Ireland!!

During this little field trip in Ireland I had a great time until I get back to the hotel in Dublin when I found out that I had lost my ipod on this trip.  When I realized that my ipod was missing there was not much I could do about it. I emailed the conference coordinator and her assistant but I knew that they would not be checking their email now and they would not be able to do anything until the next day.

So I just tried not to think about while A, T, S and I went out for dinner. S, who is Irish, asked if we could NOT go to some tourist restaurant in Temple Bar. He talked how he felt really uncomfortable in the restaurant on Monday night. We all agreed and S took us to this great Chinese/Thai restaurant and the food was great. I ate until I was stuffed when we left the restaurant.

I tired to not let the whole thing about my lost ipod bother me but it did. And I went to bed that night in the hotel pissed at myself that I lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment