Friday, August 12, 2011

Copenhagen canal tour

So while I was walking around Copenhagen on May 19th I found a canal tour boat. I decided since it was past 5:30 pm that taking the canal tour would be a good way to end my day trip.  I was lucky it was not that busy and the next boat had open seats.  Again this is another post with lots of pictures and not that much text I hope you like it.
Christianborg Castle - a nice view from the canal




The round tower



The best restaurant in Denmark is in this building. Before I leave Denmark I am eating at this restaurant.




This is a part of Copenhagen is called New Havn (Haven) and where the most 'privileged' people live.

Nice restaurant near the canal, another one I want to check out.


This is the new Opera House.

Apartments on the canal.

Royal residence, this is where the crowned prince and his family live. You can see the Danish flag flying above the house. That means he is home.  I sure hope he his because a couples months before this picture was taken his wife had twins.

On the left is the Queen's royal residence and on the right is the Marble Church. 

Marble church and fountain.




Pirate Museum


Spiral church.

Could you image having a apartment on the canal with a nice cafe on the ground floor?  I am sure those apartments are really expensive.



Entrance to Christianborg castle.

Entrance to Christianborg castle.
Way back when the King used to live in Christianborg castle the crowned prince used to live here. But now this building is the National museum.


A Danish artist lived in Rome of a long period of time and then come back to create Romain artwork for the Queen.













No comments:

Post a Comment