Friday, December 3, 2010

My Apartment in Denmark

I wanted to post this earlier but I have been so busy with the final edit of my thesis. But now that my thesis has been formally submitted I actually have some free time.

So I want to tell everyone about my apartment I live in a complex of apartments set up for students for a local university (it is like of like a community college).




These pictures show the entry to my apartment. The first thing you see is the kitchen, with a small dinner table, as SMALL fridge and a small two burner stove top. The large microwave on the dinner table is actually a microwave and an oven. Yep, you read right, it is also a convection oven. I have been able to cooks small steaks in there. And of course, two small herb plants, I just wanted some plants and with this I get to make some great food.





As you walk past the kitchen there is a small bathroom with at shower.




After you pass the bathroom there is a small hall closet, and the stairs to go upstairs bedroom.

At the top of the stairs you reach my bedroom. And my bed.
Of course on my bed is my Union Pacific bear that was a gift from my boyfriend and of course a small stuff kitty that looks at like my cat back in the states. There are many nights when I am lonely I hug one or both of these. Aarhus University also gave me a second bed, so a guest can have a nice comfy bed, and it is a quite comfy. Right now I do not have a dresser, so right now my clothes are laid out on this bed. The apartment complex also has a small laundry room with three washers and three dryers. However washing clothes cost about $2 a load and to dry clothes cost about $1.5 per load. So to save money I air-dry all my clothes, so the large drying rack in the back is my way to save money. Also the apartment did not come with any blinds or curtains. So I went to a second hand shop and got some curtains and I put those up.

There is another picture of my bedroom, with my back to the curtains and facing the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I want to live there! Cute and cozy! Really a smart design too! I hope you are staying warm and thank you, thank you, thank you for posting!

    *hug*
    Lil' Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that to the left of your toilet. I want to say a towel rack, but it looks solid... almost like an ironing board? Since Denmark has the tallest people in the world, are your ceilings high? Long beds? Looks like are getting more and more comfortable there by the day. Soak it all in :-)

    ReplyDelete