Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas

I wanted to show pictures of my Thanksgiving dinner here in Denmark. My good friend (E) is visiting so I made a nice turkey dinner for the both of us. Now remember I have a very small kitchen so the dinner was small and simple. I roasted a small turkey breast, made smashed potatoes, and honey glazed carrots.




I had a great dinner and of course I had some Jul beer with dinner.


Christmas is coming!!!

It took me a while save money to purchase these items but I bought a pretty Christmas candle and a small Christmas “tree”. I think the Christmas candle is really pretty and it lights up the room.



And my small Christmas “tree” is actually a small snow globe with small Christmas “tree”.

The facility also had a Christmas bingo game on Dec 8th there was so many cool gifts: umbrellas, small gift baskets, fruit baskets and many other things. In Denmark they play bingo in a slightly different way, instead of the five by five square with letters and numbers. The Danish playing cards are 7 squares by 4 squares and they only play rows across. First there is a 1-row winner, we leave our chips on the cards and play for two rows on the same card. The final part of the game we play to fill in the entire card. They did say all the numbers in Danish, but they did write the numbers on the board. So not only did I have fun but I also had a great Danish number lesson. Alas, I did not win anything. They also served snacks and a traditional Danish Christmas drink; I can’t remember the name of the drink. The drink was basically a red wine with spices, almonds and raisins; the drink was warmed up also. It was really good!

We also got a gift from the facility, which I was not expecting at all. Everyone received a big bag of goods. We were given a few apples, pears, onions, potatoes and a nice jar of Danish honey. Danish honey is different from the honey we see in the States; Danish honey has more of a solid state. I took pictures to show all the stuff I got.


Soon we will have a Christmas party next week and I have been hearing rumors that it becomes a fun party, with plenty of alcohol, snacks and food. I will post pictures when I can.

1 comment: