Saturday, October 2, 2010

24 Days

Can you believe it I fly out in 24 days!!!!!!

I have been working on my budget for Denmark so I have been using my spare time (or just not working on my thesis) to look for food prices. It is a known fact that everything in EU is more expensive than US, but I really wanted to find out what I was getting into before I arrive. So I found on the Denmark.dk website a recent (August 2010) with basic food prices. After making the conversions here I what I have so far:

Apples -- $2 per pound

Beef -- $10 per pound

Bread -- $2 per loaf

Cheese -- $7 per pound

Eggs -- $5 For 10 eggs

Milk -- $2 per litre (about a 1/3 of a gallon)

I also wanted to look around for some interesting things to do and see in Denmark and I have come up a small list right now. But I promise you it will get much larger.

1) Copenhagen Jazz Festival

2) Just wonder around Copenhagen, Odense, Aarhus

3) The Little Mermaid monument

4) Castles: Lerchenborg, Kragerup, Dragsholm any many more

5) Botanic Garden and Tivoli Gardens of Copenhagen

6) Amalienborg Palace (The Royal Palace)

7) Lousisian Museum of Modern Art

8) Sweden to Denmark bridge (Oresund Bridge)

What is the temperature like in Denmark?

A lot of people think I am moving to a colder area but actually I am moving to a warmer area. I am moving to a Temperate climate; humid and overcast; mild, windy winters and cool summers like of climate. So I am moving to a place that has similar weather when compared to Seattle, Washington.



Thank you again for all your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment