Monday, October 25, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane in 2 days

Wow time sure flies when you are having fun. If you call working on my thesis and conducting my final oral defense for my Masters fun. The good thing is that I passes my defense, of course there are many edits to conduct on my written thesis and I will continue working on that.

Right now I am packing and packing. I have discovered it is very hard to pack your life in two suitcases. The main thing is that I have to make sure both suit cases are of the appropriate size and do not weight more than 50 pounds. So I have to weight my cases, and the best way to do that is take the suit cases to the University Rec Center and weight both with the large scale in the women's looker room. Besides packing lots of clothes, I am packing shoes and other personal items. I am cramming as much as I can without going over my 50 pounds limit.

There has been one major change in my plans with Denmark. Originally my boyfriend was going to join me in Denmark in February 2011. However, he has decided to join me at a later date, probability sometime in 2012. I could tell when I told my mother this she was not pleased and before any one else gets upset about my boyfriend not joining me sooner. Let me tell you this, we talked about this for a long period of time. After talking to him, I am ok with his decision and that is all that matters. The fact that my boyfriend joins me later could actually work in my favor. This will give me more time to save money and find a bigger place. Because there is no way the both of us can live in a 420 square foot apartment.

Many people have asked what is the best way to contact me in Denmark. The best way is email, but I also have skype account and a web camera. If you do not have my email or skype name you can contact my boyfriend or my parents and they can give you my email or skype name.
If by any reason you need to contact me because of an emergency, you can contact my boyfriend or my parents. They have my emergency contact.

The most important thing to remember is that Denmark is & HOURS AHEAD of Central US. Meaning when it is noon in Central US, it is 7pm in Slagelse, Denmark. So if you email me I will respond when I can, however if you try to 'skype' me there might be a chance I will be sleeping or busy with other things.

So when is the best time to 'skype' me, the best times are listed below.
(Central US Time : Denmark Time)
2 am : 9 am
3 am : 10 am
4 am : 11 am
5 am : 12 am
6 am : 1 pm
7 am : 2 pm
8 am : 3 pm
9 am : 4 pm
10 am : 5 pm
11 am : 6 pm
Noon : 7 pm
1 pm : 8 pm
2 pm : 9 pm
There is no guarantee that I will be on skype at these times, while I am at work I could be in a meeting or just busy so I turned skype off. So honestly I think the best way to contact me is by email.

Well I need to get some sleep so that I can finish the rest of my packing and weight these suitcases Monday morning. Good night all and thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment